Last Sunday I spoke about being PASSION DRIVEN. My thinking is that, often times as Christ-followers, we will spend much of our time fighting our un-holy passions instead of getting in touch with our God-given holy passions. Following is a questionnaire that will help you to think and pray about getting in touch with your God-given holy passions. During this season at MPVCC I would love to see people connecting and aligning with their God-given holy passions. Please keep me posted…
- Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. Matthew 22:37 (MSG)
- And now, isn’t it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. 2 Corinthians 7:11 (MSG)
A. A person’s PASSION often leads them to some compelling action. It may be a PASSION for unwed mothers, the poor, unbelievers, youth, politics, students, etc. This is part of God’s way of directing us to the place where we can best make our unique contribution.
B. Carefully consider the following questions to identify and state your PASSION. Assume that money, time, or abilities are not an issue.
1. What local, global, political, social or church issues cause a strong emotional stirring in you?
2. What kind, or group, of people do you feel most attracted to?
3. What is the area of need that is of ultimate importance to you?
4. If you could not fail, what would you do in order to make a difference?
5. In what area(s) of the church’s current ministries would you like to make an impact with your life and unique gifting? OR, in what area would you like to be involved in helping start an effective ministry?
6. Conclude with a (concise) statement, or use some key words for what you understand your PASSION to be at this time. “In light of the above I would say that I have a PASSION to . . . (or for . . .)