As summer runs its course and the school year starts here are some questions that will help each one of us to consider how to best spend our time…
- What weekly commitments do I find replenishing and which do I find depleting?
- What do I need to stop doing?
- Whose approval means the most to me? Why?
- Are my priorities honoring my life in Christ? If Jesus was living my life, would he commit himself to the same weekly things I am?
- I know spiritual growth doesn’t just happen- so, how am I going to intentionally invest in my spiritual growth this year?
- How and when am I going to spend time with my family or closest friends each week this year?
- Who will mentor me this year?
- Who will I mentor this year?
- Who am I going to “do life” with this year? (a community question)
- How and when will I exercise in order to stay, or get, physically fit this year?
- How will I grow stronger in Christ & stay closely connected to his family, this year?
Some thoughts on growing stronger in Christ this school year:
- Regular time with God reading the Scriptures and continuing to learn how to listen.
- A regular time with same-sex friends sharing and supporting each other.
- A weekly time with my church family worshiping God together on Sundays.
- A regular weekly time volunteering and serving others.
May God lead you to set your priorities and schedule your life in ways that bring glory and honor to His name!